Friday, November 11, 2011

Review: Neutragena Ultra Sheer Dry Touch Sunblock SPF 30


 SPF is very important.  It protects your skin from damaging free radicals, skin cancer, UVA/UVB rays (must be broad spectrum to protect from both), aging, burning, hyperpigmentation (over production of pigment/uneven skin tone), capillary damage, and weakens collagen & elastin.  I read plenty of reviews before purchasing.  It seemed to be favorite among oily skin types.

"Neutragena Ultra Sheer Sunblock is a breakthrough in sun protection. Dry Touch technology to provide an ultra-light, non-shiny finish. This lightweight sunblock absorbs quickly and has a light, fresh scent. The non-oily formula is enriched with anti-oxidant vitamins A, C, and E to help fight against environmental damage."-Neutragena
  • UVA/UVB Protection 1789.
  • Ultra-light, clean feel.
  • Fast-absorbing, leaves skin soft and smooth.
  • Light, fresh scent.
  • Waterproof, sweatproof, rubproof.
  • Non-comedogenic (won't clog pores).
  • PABA-free. 
The Good
A Broad Spectrum SPF that protects against both UVA/UVB rays.  The spf has a light feel and does not feel greasy or heavy; making it a great option for oily skin and humid weather.  My skin feels light and looks matte after applying.  My skin feels soft and smooth after application and absorbs quickly without a trace of white.  I did not breakout, which is a breakthrough for my skin.  I have had terrible experiences with SPF clogging my pores in the past.


The Bad
Loaded with chemicals eek!!  This product is super irritating and dehydrates skin.  It is missing a physical spf like Zinc Oxide or Titanium dioxide, which is ideal for preventing hyperpigmentation.  Physical blockers reflect UV Rays instead of absorbing them with a chemical spf.  The scent bothered me, I immediately started sneezing.  My oily skin felt dry after applying, which is not good.  I also made the mistake of applying too close to my eyes and ended up tearing up, which wasn't fun.  I would not say it "resists rub -off", because it does rub off and can be irritating.  I hope I can find something affordable without the irritation.  Bottom line, I am not a fan of Neutragena, because the number of irritating chemicals in their products!  If you have allergies, skip this SPF.  I will not repurchase.


Active Ingredients: Avobenzone (2.0%), Homosalate (7%), Octinoxate (7.5%), Octisalate (5%), Oxybenzone (3.0%)
Inactive Ingredients: Water, Silica, Adipic Acid/Diethylene Glycol/Glycerin Crosspolymer, VP/Hexadecene Copolymer, Dimethicone, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Glycerin, Oat Kernel Extract (Avena Sativa), Squalane, Ascorbyl Palmitate (Vitamin C) (Vitamin C), Retinyl Acetate (Vitamin A), Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), BHT, Cetyl Dimethicone, Bisabolol (L-Alpha), Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate (Licorice Root) (Licorice Root), Glyceryl Stearate, PEG 100 Stearate, Polysorbate 60, Tetrasodium EDTA, Butylene Glycol, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Xanthan Gum, Benzyl Alcohol, Isobutylparaben, Isopropylparaben, Butylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance

3 fl oz.
$9
Available at CVS
1/5

1 comment:

  1. Winda thank you so much! I'll contact you via twitter/facebook. I love your blog though, I WILL be following you =)

    ReplyDelete