Saturday, November 19, 2011
A skincare regime is very important for the health and appearance of your skin. Here are the steps you should be taking to a healthy complexion morning and night.
1. Cleanse morning and night. Pick a cleanser appropriate for your skin type. Wash your face with a Clarisonic brush or clean washcloth. Be sure to remove all traces of makeup before going to bed. This will prevent accumulated makeup, oil, debris and bacteria from causing breakouts.
2. Tone. This balances skins pH, removes cleanser residue and excess debris. Choose a toner without alcohol, which can strip skin of its acid mantle.
3. Treat. Apply serum or corrective skincare & eye cream. Target your areas of concern. Apply when skin is still moist, products will penetrate better and work better.
4. Hydrate. Moisturize your skin, even if its extremely oily. Oily skin can will overcompensate for loss of moisture and produce even more oil.
5. Protect (day only). Wear a minimum SPF 30 EVERYDAY. No one is immune to skin cancer, protect yourself. Olay Sensitive Skin SPF 30 is a great option without irritation.
1. Exfoliate. Exfoliation is extremely important, sloughs off dead skin cells to reveal fresh, healthy skin cells. Acne prone skin and oily skin must be exfoliated up to three times a week to clear & prevent clogged pores. Everyone should be exfoliating at least 2x week. I do not suggest using St. Ives Apricot Scrub, it is too aggressive for facial skin, will irritate skin and create micro-tears (it's better suited for feet). Instead try a enzyme, AHA/BHA or Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant. Exfoliate after cleansing.
2. Mask. A mask can treat blemishes, draw out impurities, brighten, rejuvenate, nourish, calm & soothe, tighten & tone skin, and hydrate skin. Use a mask 1-2x a week.