Saturday, February 18, 2012

Foundation for Women of Color

Foundation for Women of Color

Foundation for Women of Color by ladyjskincare on polyvore.com

I have gone through the frustration of finding a foundation that suits my skin.  Most cosmetics company's foundations, concealers and power's have a pink or beige undertone and are not suitable for ethnic skin tones, giving a unnatural and ashy appearance.  Here are MY top picks for women of color.   These brands cater to women of color, with yellow, red and blue undertones.


  1. Bobbi Brown is my personal favorite!  My shade:6 Golden.  Foundations are very natural and look like second skin.
  2. Giorgio Armani
  3. Nars  My shade: Tahoe
  4. Mary Kay
  5. Iman
  6. Black Up, Frances #1 Ethnic makeup brand, now available in the USA.  Yellow base, matte, full-coverage foundation. My Shade: FM01.
  7. Face Atelier
  8. Illamasqua 
  9. Milani has affordable bronzers & blush!

No comments:

Post a Comment