1) Normal: A balanced complexion, not to oily or dry, but just right! Murad AHA/BHA Exfoliating Cleanser, Murad Renewing Cream Cleanser, CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser, CeraVe Foaming Cleanser or Murad Refreshing Cleanser.
2) Dry: Lack of oil, tight, dry, flaky skin all over face, maybe sensitive (not to be confused with dehydrated-lack of water from skin treatments, not enough moisture, or general hydration). Try a cream cleanser. Murad Renewing Cleansing Cream, CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser.
3) Combination: Oily in some areas (t-zone forehead, nose, chin) Dry in others (predominately cheek area). Try Murad Energizing Pomegranate Cleanser or Renewing Cream Cleanser.
4) Oily: Larger pores, oily all over face, feels greasy, looks shiny. Try a gel cleanser. Neostrata Anti-bacterial Facial Cleanser, Murad Clarifying Cleanser or Murad Time Release Acne Cleanser (for adult skin oily & acne prone), Andalou Naturals Citrus Kombucha Gel or CeraVe Foaming Cleanser.
1) Acne prone: Typically oily but some are dry. Dry acne prone skin is harder to treat. Look for salicylic acid, triclosan, sulfur, vitamin A (retinol), hydrogen peroxide (not the bottle to clean cuts), Tea tree oil (no it doesn't clog pores. Antibacterial), BPO (benozyl peroxide. Neostrata Anti-bacterial Facial Cleanser, Murad Clarifying Cleanser, Murad Time Release Cleaner (for adult acne), CeraVe Foaming Cleanser (only for very oily skin), CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser for (normal, combo, dry skin), Murad AHA/BHA Exfoliating Cleanser (3x week rotate cleanser with regular cleanser, for most skin types except extreme sensitive cases.)
2) Sensitive (considered a skin type & skin condition) : Easily irritated skin, blushes easily, may have rosacea or psoriasis. Murad Soothing Gel Cleanser or CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser.
3) Sensitized: Skin has become sensitive from treatments (retinols, glycol, ect) or overly harsh products with fragrance, dyes, irritating ingredients. NOT normally sensitive. Try same as Sensitive.
4) Rosacea: Chronic skin condition you turn red, may swell, skin sores that look like acne, blushes easily, spider like blood vessels. Same products as Sensitive/Sensitized.
5) Dehydrated (Lacking water) :Tight, over processed, parched skin. Feels like your skin needs a drink of water & is not normally dry. Avoid gel cleansers until skin is balanced again. Try Murad Renewing Cleanser, which protects skins natural moisture barrier. Instant relief. CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser is also a good option.
6) Aging Skin: Loss of elasticity & firmness, hyper pigmentation (dark spots, age spots, sun spots, melasma). Murad Renewing Cream Cleanser or Murad AHA/BHA Exfoliating Cleanser.