Sunday, March 11, 2012

St.Ives Blemish & Blackhead Control Apricot Scrub


Acne is unpredictable...my skin is unpredictable.  I was looking at photo's from 7 years ago and my skin looked pretty good, so I thought back to what products I was using.  I was using St. Ives Blemish Scrub and Proactiv.  The Proactiv was drying on my skin (works okaywith CeraVe or Cetaphil), and I loved St. Ives.  I discontinued use, because I simply could not afford the system at that time.  I stopped using St. Ives, because I learned through my skin care research, that products with thick shell granules can create micro tears in skin.  I have been back and forth with this idea and have come to a conclusion: DO NOT USE THIS SCRUB.  I'm serious.  A glycol, lactic, malic acid will be more effective and gentle on your skin.  The apricot shells create micro tears in skin, causing irritation and slower healing of skin.  You don't want to be scratching your face.  This is the worst thing you could use on skin, as well as Neutragena products (especially acne prone). Try Murad Exfoliating Mask, Murad T-Zone Pore Refining Gel (normal/dry/combo skin), Murad Exfoliating Acne Treatment Gel (acne prone skin/VERY oil skin) instead or a gentle Glycolic peel.

No comments:

Post a Comment