Saturday, July 28, 2012

L'oreal Youth Code Dark Spot Corrector Serum is a Dud




I would have easily overlooked this product as a over the counter fail but after reading many great reviews and personally using it for 2 month- I've been put in my place.  This serum is amazing.  Kudos to L'oreal for delivering a serum the provides great hydration, instant luminous skin and constant fading of hyperpigmentation (with NO hydroquinone!)  The consistency is silky and light and glides onto skin without clogging pores, making it a fantastic primer.  The serum does have a pearl appearance which gives skin the "luminous" look, but it has long term affects on the skin with constant fading (my Retin-A working).  My skin looks luminous and has drastically lightened my resistant dark area: hyperpigmentation on my smile lines and surrounding my mouth.  These lines have been a constant problem for me and are now GONE!  I am beyond thrilled with these results!  

"Works from within to skin's surface to help correct and fade dark spots, reversing the formation of pigment, resulting in a dramatically more even skin tone. Now, vibrant with a youthful look, skin instantly appears luminous as if lit from within."-L'oreal

Don't forget when you treat hyperpigmentation it is key to protect your skin with SPF 30 for lightening to take affect and prevent it from re-occurring after.  For better results use in combination with a Clarisonic, exfoliant and SPF 30. I use the Clarisonic Mia 2x a day, Differin or Retin-A in the evening, Murad Intensive Radiance C Peel weekly or Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant, Origins Modern Friction.  


*Update 1/20/13: Unfortunately,this serum irritated the heck out of my skin, bumps under the skin, redness, a rash.  This serum also seems to sit on the skin, the Vitamin C is not active enough to do any good (my Retin-A was doing all the work).  Don't let the pearlescent appearance fool you and save your money.

Available at Ulta, CVS, Walmart, Target
1 0z.
$20-$25

*All brighteners/lighteners are tested by me at different times and not combined through initial testing period.

No comments:

Post a Comment