Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Review: Bobbi Brown Foundation Stick

                                                                                  

Because I am a makeup fiend and I love trying new products..I am constantly looking at foundations.  A girl can have more then one favorite foundation!  I was walking aimlessly through the mall when I came across the Bobbi Brown makeup counter.  Browsing her makeup is like a child in a candy store for me.  I just gotta have it all!  I was originally drawn to the brand, because her foundations have a yellow base, instead of pink.  I love all her books, follow on twitter and subscribe on Youtube.  Her looks on the runways blow me away.  She has a great eye and I love that her makeup gives woman a natural and healthy look.  This makes Bobbi Brown my favorite cosmetic line.

I have tried BB foundations in the past and but the formulation was sheer.  Natural (I LOVE) but sheer.  I needed to find something with more coverage for my hyperpigmentation & hypopigmentation.  As I am looking at the display, I see the foundation stick.  It is a cream foundation and offer's high coverage.  This foundation can be hard to blend with foundation brushes though.  I prefer fingers, so I can warm the product up and blend.  The BB associate tested a color on me and voila PERFECT match.  Blend, blend, blend.  Just the right amount of yellow undertones (but a little on the orange side).  My shade is "Golden".  The foundation looks natural, a bit shiny, great coverage, not too heavy, has not broken me out, and is almost perfect.  Bobbi Brown please make a light golden shade!  Golden is a tad too orange and oxidizes, honey is too light and warm almond is strange on my skin.

The foundation does seem to slip off my skin though, so make sure to set it with a powder.  This foundation is not meant for very oily skin and is great for dry skin & normal skin.  I look forward to trying her powders & bronzers next!

No comments:

Post a Comment