As the weather gets warmer each day, we all need to take extra precautions when it comes to the sun. Use these tips to keep your skin healthy and clear.
1) SPF: Broad spectrum protects skin against damaging UVA/UVB Rays. 90% of skin damage is caused by the sun. Wear spf, protect against skin damage and skin aging. SPF should be worn each day of the year, rain or shine. Don't forget chapstick with SPF 15.
2) Hydrate yourself, drink WATER! Water flushes your system and has overall health benefits. Put down the gatorade, soda, and coffee!
3) Wear a hat: Give yourself some extra protection from the sun and protect your eyes. Choose a hat that is not tight and lets your forehead breathe.
4) Wear sunglasses: Your eye area tissue is very delicate and easy to damage so protect it. Make sure they have UV protection.
5) Oil absorbing lotion or gel: The heat activates our sebaceous (oil) glands & suderiferous (sweat) glands. using a oil absorbing or mattifying product will decrease the chance of a oily or sweaty face that leads to breakouts.
6) Oil absorbing sheets: blot your face when you feel greasy or look shiny.
7) Acne body wash: During the summer we out are and about sweating. If you workout, you sweat and breakouts can occur on your chest, back and even arms. Prevent body breakouts by showering immediately after sweating with a acne body wash either containing salicylic acid (to exfoliate skin & prevent clogged pores) or benzoyl peroxide (to kill acne bacteria p.acnes). Skin will be more sensitive so no aggressive scrubbing.
8) Cool your skin off with Aloe Vera gel. After being in the sun all day, your skin might be a little red or sensitive and chilled aloe vera gel is perfect for relieving any skin irritation. Store your bottle of aloe vera gel in the refrigerator. Make sure it is does not contain dye or fragrance. Real Aloe gel is clear, not green.