Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Review: PCA Skin Perfecting Protection SPF 30



 I always tell my clients the importance of wearing  SPF 30 everyday.  Protect your skin from sun damage, collagen & elastin deterioration (prevent wrinkles), free radical damage, environmental pollution, and most importantly, skin cancer.   I came across a light spf that promised to aid in treating hyperpigmentation (darkening of skin caused by increased melanin from sun damage or acne) and not cause breakouts.  I was very excited to try a SPF with Bearberry, Licorice Root Extract, Kojic Acid, Mulberry Root Extract, and Lactic Acid.  

"This revolutionary broad-spectrum UVA/UVB product combines the superior protective benefits of Z-Cote and other potent sunscreen agents with five melanogenesis inhibitors. This unique blend of ingredients works to reduce existing skin discoloration while preventing future hyperpigmentation. In addition, potent antioxidants caffeine and silybum marianum extract, commonly referred to as milk thistle, work to fight damaging environmental free radicals, inflammation and the formation of sunburn cells. perfecting protection spf 30 is suitable for all skin types and is also recommended following peels, lasers, other in-office procedures for its skin-soothing properties and inhibition of post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation. "-PCA Skin

I thought I could really knock out my hyperpigmentation faster (plus a lightening gel) with these lightening/brightening ingredients.  I found that the 9.8 % Zinc Oxide never fully absorbed into my skin, creating a white cast and bringing out my acne scars even more.  The lightening ingredients had no affect on my skin.  I avoid the sun, wear hats and sunglasses to prevent further darkening of my uneven skin tone, but no success with this SPF.  My uneven skin tone became darker, not lighter.

After trying many sunscreens with Zinc Oxide, I believe it is a culprit of my clogged pores.  I discontinued Zinc Oxide for a week and my congested skin dissipated.  I had high hopes for this product, but it did not work for me.


Ingredients: Zinc Oxide (9.8%), Octinoxate (7.5%). Water, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Glycerin, Cyclopentasiloxane, Isononyl Isononanoate, Cetearyl Alcohol, SD Alcohol 40-B, Polyacrylate-13, Dimethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Lactic Acid, Kojic Acid, Butylene Glycol, Morus Alba Root Extract, Arctostaphylos Uva Ursi Leaf Extract, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Caffeine, Silybum Marianum Extract, Arginine, Microcrystalline Cellulose, C20-22 Alkyl Phosphate, C20-22 Alcohols, Polyisobutene, Cetearyl Glucoside, Caprylyl Glycol, Cellulose Gum, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Sodium PCA, Sodium Hyaluronate, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Peel Oil, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenoxyethanol.

$24
1.7 oz.
1/5
Available at Dermstore.com

1 comment:

  1. PCA Skin Pigment Bar is one of the PCA skincare products that has 22 ingredients. This product is free of gluten, allergens, parabens, synthetic fragrances, and silicones. Advanced Aesthetics

    ReplyDelete