Make skincare a priority and investment and invest in it. If you invest in skincare, you won't have to dabble in cosmetic procedures or CANCER down the line. My personal goal is to maintain acne free skin, reduce, control oily zones and reduce hyperpigmentation so I can go without foundation! With these products, my skin is on its way to being just that. I have laid out prescription, over the counter, and organic options.
2) Minocycline: sometime antibiotics are needed, in my case they are. I have suffered from acne and oily skin for over 13 years...multiple variety of cysts, whiteheads, pustules on my face, neck, chest AND back. It's intense and I have recently went back on antibiotics. They WORK and should be combined with a religious skincare regime. Mine is quite extensive, but I get results! See your derm to discuss oral or topical acne medications.
3) Cleanser: Neostrata Antibacterial Cleanser. Kills bacteria causing bacteria, softens skin without stripping the skin. A fragrance free cleanser that gets the job done without any irritation.
4) Organic Cleanser: Andalou Naturals Citrus Kombucha Cleansing Gel. Gentle clarifies acne prone and oily skin by neutralizing germs and p.acnes bacteria. I discovered this cleanser at Grocery Outlet, loved it so much I bought out the store! A great organic option and it smells amazing! Lemons!
5) Over the counter Acne Treatment: Murad Acne Exfoliating Treatment Gel: Immediately knocks out acne, decreases oily skin, refines and clarifies skin, smoothes..it's a miracle in a bottle. I use for the day time, but can be used morning and night.
6) Prescription Acne Cream: Retin-A. I use this 0.05% nightly. This cream exfoliates skin so clogging is decreased. Use a pea size amount to start or ask your derm how much you should use. Personally I use a pea size on each section of my face, cheeks, forehead, and chin. I don't advise using this much if you are new to Retin-A. I had to work my way up to using this much and get great results! Smoothes, refines skin and is a great anti-aging cream too!
7) Toner: Murad Hydrating Toner. Why a hydrating toner for oily skin? Dehydrating acne products and to balance the skins pH. This toner balances and restores my skins pH, and calms my skin. If you skin feels tight, "dry", uncomfortable after cleansing this toner is a must. Use morning and night after cleansing.
8) Oil Free Moisturizer: Murad Acne Skin Perfecting Lotion is the only moisurizer without spf that I trust. Everything else is just obsolete. Contains retinol (you would never know), oil free, light and will NOT clog pores.
9) SPF 30: Olay Complete Daily Defense sensitive skin Moisturizer spf 30 protects skin without clogging pores and breaking the bank. Spf will prevent skins aging, breakdown of collagen and elastin in skin, prevent sun spots, sun damage, and skin cancer. On the rare occasion, drugstore skincare will impress me.
10) Mask: Andalou Naturals Creamy Clay Mask & Equate Cleansing Mask (sulfur acne treatment). The creamy clay mask contains acne bacteria neutralizing Blue Geranium, deeply purifies, soothes inflammation (acne is a inflammatory disorder), detoxifies pores, all without stripping the skin. I sometimes sleep with this mask on my chest or back for deep cleansing or to clear a breakout FAST! Available at Grocery Outlet & online. Equate Cleansing Mask contains sulfur, absorbs excess oil without stripping the skin, reduces inflammation and redness, shrinks pustules overnight and even great for cysts! Available at walmart. 2-3x week.
11) Ultra Sonic Skin Scrubber: A new addition to my skincare regime. This tool utilizes ultrasound waves to loosen debri, exfoliate, soften, smooth skin, extract comedones, penetrate products, lift skin and rejvenate the skin. A true miracle worker, I highly recommend this 2-3 times a week if you have oily, acne prone skin. Can cost as low was $35! My skin is softer than a babes bum.
12) Exfoliant: Retin-A & Murad Acne Treatment Gel. I also rotate Andalou Naturals Lemon Sugar Facial Scrub and Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant. Both very gentle on skin, Lemon Sugar Scrub has anti-bacterial manuka honey, clarifying lemon and gentle skin friendly physical exfoliant. Dermalogica is a rice enzyme that digests dead skin cells, offering smoother, softer, brighter skin. The Clarisonic lightely exfoliates, but I wouldn't rely on it for your 2-3x a week exfo.
And thats what I use to control my problematic acne prone and very oily skin! I hope this information was helpful and allows you to see that with a consistent skincare regime, you too, can have acne free skin!