Friday, June 24, 2011

Drink to Healthy Skin

I am obsessed with water and tea. When I was in middle school, my Godmother suggested I stop drinking soda and drink water. This made a big difference in my skin and I'm glad I have continued this rule.  Switching from soda to water instantly flushes your system and reduces your sugar intake which causes breakouts.  I also love tea and its ability to detoxify the body.  I love green and ginger tea .  Both tastes take some getting used to, but its worth it!

Green tea is full of antioxidants called catechins, as well as, carotenoids, ascorbic acid (vitamin c), chromium, manganese, selenium, zinc and some phytochemical compounds. All great for the skin.  Catechins helps fight free radical damage, most commonly caused by UV rays.  Green tea also neautralizes UV light, can prevent skin cancer, fights infection, rejuvenates skin, and soothes acne.  Makes for a great homemade toner or mask.  Green tea is also naturally caffeinated and is a healthier choice then coffee. 

Ginger is a antioxidant and fights free radicals that damage skin aging and damage.  It also is a anti-inflammatory, great for inflamed acne or skin and a natural antiseptic, great for killing p.acnes (acne bacteria), improves skin tone and a great cellulite treatment.  Ginger tea is great for reliving cramps, upset stomach, nausea, diarrhea, the common cold, poor blood circulation (helps dissolve blood clots, reduce cholesterol in blood, thus preventing heart attacks). 

Both tea's are especially great to sip on during the winter. I was recently in Teavana and tried a blend of White Ayurvedic Chai & Samurai Chai Mate...had to be the most delicious thing I have EVER tasted!!! Very yummy, it should be made into a gelato flavor! Try it!=)
                                                   Sencha Green Tea

                                                 Ginseng Vitality Rooibus Tea

                                                 White Ayurvedic Chai Tea
 

No comments:

Post a Comment