Saturday, June 25, 2011

Blush & Breakouts

Update 1/20/12: Both of the following Blushes should be avoided for acne prone skin and maybe contribute to breakouts in any skin type!  Cover FX Bronzer contains isopropyl isostearate, silica, Glyceryl Stearate SE.  The Elf Mineral blush looks fantastic on the skin, but I feel like it has contributed to  irritation, even when tested from other blushes.





I have to be very careful with cosmetics, because I am acne prone. Blush can be a little tricky for me, because I have a natural flush and my skin is constantly being treated for acne.  After many years of having breakouts where my blush was applied, I realized the blush was making me breakout.  I became obsessed with finding a "non-comedogenic" blush.  After much trial and error, research and reading plenty of reviews, I finally came to the fact that I do not believe in "non-comedogenic". Any company can slap on this label and I always double check ingredients.  I shop with my zero zits list, which has been a tremendous help!  Become a Acne detective with Zero Zits


e.l.f. Mineral Blush                                                      e.l.f. Mineral Blush

I have finally  found two blushes that work well with my skin and do not make me breakout.  Cover FX sunkissed bronzing powder in "garnet" $28 & e.l.f. mineral blush in "peachy" $5.  Cover FX bronzing powder contains mica, is oil free, fragrance free, paraben free suitable for sensitive skin like mine.  It comes in a regular 'bronze' shade, as well as blush shades.  I am very thrify, so I was thrilled when the e.l.f. mineral blush worked with my skin.  The mineral blush is very light, great oily skin, 100% mineral based, contains no parabens, no preservatives, and no chemical dyes.  The minerals give my skin a healthy glow and at a very cheap price!  Don't forget to clean your makeup brushes often!

No comments:

Post a Comment